The amazing Crystal Gems in Steven Universe can be used in real life, how cool is that?
It honestly shouldn’t be a surprise! People use healing crystals, so to feel more in-tune with not only crystals themselves…
Why not associate them with the characters they represent? *Hagrid voice* “You’re a Garnet, Harry!”
Let’s see how each Crystal Gem would affect your energy in real life!
Garnet provides a protective influence and a calming stable vitality during use. [Melody, 291] It is thought to heal emotional problems. Placed under a pillow, Garnet is reputed to alleviate bad dreams. Medicine men used it to cure mental depression. [Mella, 85]
Garnet is useful to have in a crisis, particularly in situations where there seems to be no way out or where life has fragmented. It fortifies, activates, and strengthens the survival instinct, bringing courage and hope into those situations. Crisis is turned into challenge under Garnet’s influence and promotes mutual assistance in times of trouble. [Hall, 136]
Garnet can act as a strong help to balance the energy system, stimulate desires and uplift your attitude. As a balancer stone, Garnet can prevent fears of insecurity and even money losses. They’re lucky stones: lucky for love, success, and for goals. Use Garnet to increase your positivity and popularity, thus enhancing your personal self-esteem. As an energy stone, it can encourage success in business and business relationships. It is a wonderful executive gem, especially for women. [Mella, 86] Square cut garnets are particularly useful in bringing success in business matters. [Hall, 136]
Garnet has even been credited with aiding widows in finding a new husband. After mourning for too long, Garnet helps to regain the spirit, calming sadness and emotional pain, helping those who have gone through great despair get back on their feet and become seductive again. Perhaps the same could be true for widowers as well. [Megemont, 87-88] For more information and to check out the sources, click here.
Sounds like the Garneyt we all know and love on the show, too! Supportive, strong, full of love… yaaaas!
Ruby allows the sharing of loving energy despite past hurts, bringing up anger or negative energy for transmutation. It gives the strength to rise from martyrdom and choose whether or not to dwell in anguish, distress, or suffering, and encourages a positive and more courageous state of mind. It brings out the protective aspects of one’s character, inspiring one to step forward and stand up for those who are threatened, be it friends or strangers, children, animals, or the environment. [Eason, 71][Hall, 251][Melody, 573][Simmons, 333]
Ruby also sustains and protects those with sensitive natures and distorted views of themselves or others. It overcomes fears of being “ugly” or unloved, and is particularly empowering for those who hold excess weight in the body in order to ground in the physical world. It releases destructive emotional holds, and is a powerful stone for developing a more loving attitude toward oneself and the physical body. [Mella, 139, 148][Ahsian, 333-334] You can learn more and look at the cited sources here.
Protective Ruby, protects and shows those around them a new perspective. Sounds familiar, huh?
Sapphire frees us from our “inner prisons” and psychic suffering that can cause us to shut down emotionally. It can be an effective aid in treatments for neuroses or even psychosis. [Megemont, 163] Sapphire releases depression and lightens the mood. It brings calm and focus to the mind, and restores balance within the body. [Hall, 253][Melody, 584]
Blue Sapphire assists those who are easily swayed by the opinions of others. It promotes a fuller understanding of the self, and assists one in becoming more secure in their own opinions and knowledge, and in expressing those truths to others. [Ahsian, 340]
Star Sapphires of any hue are excellent healing crystals for those with an inferiority complex, are afraid of socializing or speaking out, or who have been told they were useless. They also lend support in following a childhood dream or ambition that seems almost impossible. [Eason, 365] You can read more about it and its cited sources here.
Between Sapphire and Ruby, it makes sense how Sapphire is the more grounded being of the couple. I see you, Sapphire!
Amethyst is especially supportive of the emotional body, bringing those who are overworked, overstressed, or overwhelmed back to center. It eases the mental anxieties that lead to physical tension and headaches, and is a great crystal to calm those who tend to be hot-headed and easily angered. [Raphaell, 80][Gienger, 13]
Amethyst helps in identifying the root causes behind one’s negative behaviors, habits and emotional patterns that create imbalance and disease. It also helps one understand the reality of cause and effect in behavior, and assists in better decision making. Amethyst is a marvelous aid in overcoming addictions by counteracting the effects of drugs and alcohol on brain function, while imparting its own peaceful sustaining energy. [Ahsian, 29][Hall, 54]
Because Amethyst initiates wisdom and greater understanding, it is a comforting crystal for those grieving the loss of a loved one. Its presence communicates that there is no death, only transitioning and changing of forms. It encourages the release of sorrow, and rejoicing in a loved one’s spirit being freed from the confinement of the physical body.
Called “the soul stone,” Amethyst assists in understanding and connecting to the eternal existence of the soul and initiates one’s own deep soul experiences. It is an ideal crystal to hold or meditate upon during the death experience, of another or oneself, allowing the release of the temporal physical body with more ease, assuredness and peace.
It is a perfect stone to gift to those with terminal illnesses or to use in preparation for a conscious death experience. [Raphaell, 80][Gienger, 13] Learn more here.
Pearl soothes and heals the negativity and struggle in your life, and surrounds that negative energy with light. It also dissolves any negative energy being sent to you and heals your own negative thought patterns. Pearl facilitates calm and centered emotions, and it’ll heal the negative inner voice and subconscious you may suffer from.
The Pearl we know has almost a mothering (sometimes naggy) nature that seems similar to the energies an actual pearl holds. Uncanny!
– *rose quartz: The soft pink emanations of Rose Quartz comforts and heals any wounds the heart has suffered, penetrating the inner chambers of the Heart Chakra where emotional experiences are recorded and stored. It dissolves the sorrows, worries, fears and resentments suppressing the heart’s ability to give and receive love, and replaces it with healing, comfort and inner nourishment. A deep sense of personal fulfillment and energy forms a new foundation where inner peace and contentment can become a personal reality. [Raphaell, 82-83]
Rose Quartz is also a stone for those unable to experience the joy of living because of never having had love given to them, possibly missing the love and nurturing as a child that is vital for the development of security and a positive self image. Rose Quartz is the healer for these internal wounds, erasing the primal imprints and reprogramming the heart to accept the infinite source of love that comes from within the self. Only after learning to give love to the self is it possible to truly love others. [Raphaell, 82-83, 85] To learn more, click here.
– *peridot: Peridot is an extraordinary crystal for healing the emotional body and resolving matters of the heart. It cleanses and heals hurt feelings and “bruised egos,” lessening anger, jealousy, resentment and spite, while teaching one to understand that holding onto people, or the past, is counterproductive to one’s growth. It teaches one to examine the past for the gift of the experiences, admit mistakes and let go of guilt and blame, forgiving oneself, or others, in order to move forward. [Melody, 478-479][Hall, 212-213][101 Hall, 150][Gienger, 67][Raphaell, 150][Lembo, 249]
Peridot stimulates psychological clarity and inspires a sense of happiness and contentedness in one’s life. It empowers one to detach the mind from outside influences and have confidence in one’s own abilities, looking inward for guidance and accessing the wisdom of the higher mind. It initiates independence and assertion without aggression, accepting the world as it is, then transforming it with clear intention to create the reality one wishes to have. [Melody, 478-479][Hall, 212-213][101 Hall, 150][Gienger, 67][Raphaell, 150][Lembo, 249] Learn more here.
– *Lapis Lazuli: Lapis Lazuli is a crystal of truth in all aspects. It reveals inner truth, and promotes self-awareness and the acceptance of that knowledge. It provides for the relief of things that may have been suppressed and allows for them to surface, helping to diminish dis-ease or repressed anger, and allows for self-expression without holding back or compromising. [Hall, 173][Melody, 370]
Lapis encourages dignity in friendship and social ability. [Gienger, 54] It encourages the qualities of honesty, compassion and uprightness when dealing with others. [Hall, 173] It provides an awareness of one’s motivations and beliefs, and gives a clearer perspective of one’s whole life. It reveals not only one’s limitations, but the opportunities for growth and to utilize one’s gifts and abilities. Click here to learn more!
– *Jasper: Jasper provides a strengthening energy for the emotional body, easing stress and producing a calm stability. For those sensitive to its vibration, it creates a special aura, a pleasant sensation as it irradiates throughout the body. It invites feelings of compassion and patience, humility, and even generosity. [Megemont, 101][Mella, 88-89]A stone of courage, Jasper imparts determination and tenacity in all pursuits. It encourages one to be honest with oneself when confronting problems, and helps one recognize and overcome insecurities, fears and guilt. It inspires moving forward assertively, rather than aggressively, and acts as a reminder to work harmoniously with others. [Hall, 155][Hall III, 112][Mella, 88][Gienger, 50-53]
– Smokey quartz: Smoky Quartz allows one to attune to the light instead of being consumed by life. Rather than merely surfacing negative energies and emotional blockages, this crystal gently dissolves these energies as it encounters them, allowing positive frequencies to take their place. It relieves fear, stress, anger and unspoken resentment, lifts depression and fatigue, and teaches one how to let go of what is no longer necessary for growth. It is a good stone for those who tend to be suicidal in nature or ambivalent about being in incarnation, by helping them come to terms with their physical body, their life and the world around them. Smoky Quartz brings assistance in tolerating difficult times with equanimity and resolve, and inspires one to be more engaged in the world. It lends the power to create and change one’s reality and to manifest one’s dreams. [Raphael, 91][Melody, 606-607][Hall, 240][Simmons, Ahsian, 366-367]
– Sugilite: Sugilite is an extraordinary healer of the emotional body, a grounding force for all who are socially awkward, suffering from mental illness, or who simply feel Earth is not their home. Its energy alleviates grief and sorrow, hopelessness, and lends the strength to face difficulties and recognize there is a bigger picture of which one is an integral part. Sugilite helps one let go of the past and move forward in a positive way, releasing unwanted thoughts, memories or life experiences that run over and over, keeping the mind from peace. [Lembo, 328-329][Hall, 280][Ahsian, 387][Gienger, 83]
Sugilite is a wonderful aid for eliminating anger, hostility, jealousy, and prejudices. It encourages forgiveness and helps cultivate the ability to love and be loved without neediness. It is highly supportive of working with groups, by resolving group difficulties and fostering good communication between all. [Lembo, 328-329][Hall, 280][Melody, 626] For more information and sources, click here.
– malachite: As a stone of transformation, Malachite encourages change and emotional risk-taking. It shows what is blocking your spiritual growth, draws out deep feelings and psychosomatic causes, then allows you to break unwanted ties and outworn patterns. It encourages the expression of feelings, alleviating shyness and teaching the responsibility for one’s own thoughts and actions. It supports friendships and empathy for other people. [Hall, 183-4]
Malachite helps battle depression and anxiety, gives resistance to emotional blackmail and heals emotional abuse, especially when suffered in childhood. It also encourages healthy relationships based on love and not need. [Eason, 283] Malachite assists in overcoming fear of confrontation, or fear of being seen or noticed, and helps one find the strength within to assume their rightful place in the Universe. [Ahsian, 248] For more information, check it out here.
– sardonyx: Sardonyx is a highly protective stone that embodies a vibration of happiness, optimism and confidence.It helps to boost your self control and your level of personal power. Read more about it here.
– Opal is a wonderfully supportive stone, dedicated to healing and strengthening the emotional body for those willing to peer honestly into the true self. Opal’s high internal energy brings thoughts and feelings to the surface for examination, and reveals what one’s emotional state has been in the past, or even in previous lives. This amplification and cleansing process may be intense when first working with Opal, but over time teaches one to take responsibility for one’s feelings while clearing past wounds, fears and resentments.
It facilitates the letting go of negative behaviors and soothes the emotional body, helping one feel more in control. It assists one in becoming more positive and loving, more creative and spontaneous. Known as a “stone of happy dreams and changes,” Opal brings happiness from the understanding that one has unlimited potential and is inherently perfect, and that change comes with situations and actions that allow one’s aspirations to rise. [Melody, 452-453][Hall, 209][Simmons, Ahsian, 290-292] Lean more here.
– Alexandrite: Alexandrite establishes harmony between physical, astral and mental bodies of the person, making its wearer more peaceful and compliant. Alexandrite strengthens creative abilities and fosters imagination. It may boost intuitive abilities, finding a way out from a desperate situation. You can read more here.
– Bismuth: Bismuth crystals are very protective and offer you a retreat, the safety of being hidden from your enemies. Use the as protective amulets. . Keep one near your front door. Check out a little more here.
What is your favorite crystal? Also, which is your favorite Crystal Gem? Share this post and let us know on social!
What's Your Reaction?
A mindset coach, foodie, writer, and creative coder that never "grew up" from her punk phase... or anime... or anything else epic like that.